Friday, February 3, 2012

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa

Okay, I've been away for a while and I apologize. I had the best of intentions. Really! I did! I wanted to update the blog every day and I wanted to make it part personal and part educational and whatever.

Here's the truth: LIFE HAPPENED!

Actually, work picked up and I have been traveling and working like crazy. So, a month after returning to work, I think I can do this again...at least, part-time.

Here's a feeble attempt at catching you up on a few things: (I will be blogging about these in more detail if/when I have the time.)

1. Financial Woes and Triumphs: In October, I lost 20% of my monthly salary. While that was a serious blow, it was better than the alternative...unemployment. We weathered the financial storm through the end of January. I've gone back to full salary and they've changed the compensation plan in such a way that I can make more money than before. So, the tragedy turned to triumph, or, at least, it will once the commission checks arrive. I owe our survival during this storm to three people and in this order: God, Elizabeth (aka The Spouse), Dave Ramsey. I'll blog more about this financial miracle soon. It's truly a story of faith and divine intervention.

2. Medical: I recently had a wreck in my Expedition (The Beast). It was a snowy, cold, windy morning in Northwestern Illinois and I was getting the heck out of there before the "blizzard conditions" hit. I made it about 20 miles before I was made snowblind by a semi and began to spin my way down the interstate. I came to rest in a ditch full of water. I was relatively unharmed but The Beast, she suffered mightily. She's back in action but I'm keeping a close eye on her. More to come and a picture of the damage.

3. Personal: The Girl Child is now playing basketball. She's the smallest girl on her team. Actually, I think she's the smallest kid on any team in her league. Don't let the size fool you though, this kid will throw an elbow if she has to. The Boy Child is a drumming machine. I swear he's actually enjoyable to listen to. We bought him noise cancelling headphones for Christmas. We should have bought some for ourselves, too. The Spouse has been, continues to be and always will be my hero. She puts the kids together each morning, gets them to school and back, makes sure homework is done, cooks, cleans, pays the bills, keeps me from bankrupting us and caters to my every whim, etc.

Okay, that's enough for now. I've got to get to work. I'll be back soon and I hope you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything you read. Just remember that I will delete anything I deem inappropriate or that I don't like. You can email private comments to me at therecoveringprincipal@gmail.com. Thanks for reading!